Friday, November 16, 2012

My First Author Interview! Thoughts on blog interviews

http://4horsemenseriesbr.blogspot.com/2012/11/introducing-nancy-laronda-johnson.html

According to Julie Luek of the blog A Thought Grows, you should "let your light shine" by acknowledging and spreading the news of even small accomplishes. Author interviews, even on new blogs, are a good way to get your name, book and voice out there, and voicing those accomplishments is a way of celebrating them.

The above link takes you to my first published author interview from someone I met on Authonomy.com. I'm so thankful that Pam Funke of The Four Horseman Series Book blog is among the new breed out there trying to expand not only her own books but the works of other Indie writers.

Yes "Indie" is a term that comes up a lot. Indie has such a diverse meaning, and is now used to describe the growing population of self-published authors who are working exceedingly hard to promote their works, usually with the hope of reaching that dream of becoming a full-time writer.

Don't be discouraged if an interview never gets released. This past summer, I conducted an interview with a local valley radio station and was told it would be aired, placed on her website, Facebooked and Tweeted, and I told almost everyone I knew. The phone interview I thought was very good, but it never went out. Emails to the interviewer were never answered. It left me thinking maybe she didn't want to promote a Christian book, even a speculative one like mine. 

That sputtered out interview, nonetheless, was a good starting point for me and I'm now happy to have my first real interview flowing through the web. I'm scheduled to conduct a podcast interview on December 7th, and I'm looking forward to that. 

Let's get all of our lights shining in many magnificent ways!


7 comments:

  1. Wow-- thanks for the shout-out. And now, YAY FOR LETTING IT SHINE! I'm off to read the interview and very impressed and heartened to see you glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. Your blog is a treat and I'm glad I came across it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie's article today prompted this visit, and I'm so glad it did. I love good speculative Christian fiction. I will definitely be following you.

    Although my current WIP is not of that genre, it has been a thought of mine to write a YA book of a character struggling with his Christianity. I DO want to spread The Message, but to the unchurched, so I'm hoping that when I do venture down that road, it appeals to a demographic that's not normally found looking for Him (or maybe they are and just don't know it, and will see themselves in my character).

    So good to find you! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ML Swift. It pleases me to know that there are more and more people who see the relevance of writing more than the typical Christian story, as we most of us do not have a typical life. I do try and write in a way that will please God, which might seem paradoxical given my subject, but I don't think it is.

      I will check out your blogs later today. It is great to find a community of supportive and interesting bloggers and writers!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the interview and completing the book. You are off and running. I hope you find all the success you can handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robakers! As many know, it was a long haul. When work is over, I'm looking forward to explore so many sites today.

      Delete
  5. fatty liver disease doctors fatty liver disease doctors fatty liver disease doctors

    Here is my page :: medication to treat fatty liver

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...