Friday, January 25, 2013

Celebrating the Small Things


Thanks to VikLit's Writing Blog for this wonderful blog hop. Although I have to try and make this quick (a very busy day), I do have a lot of small and not so small things to celebrate today.

#1 - My mom had a heart procedure done on Wednesday that went twice as long as it should (over 10 hours instead of 4-5 hours), and was placed on a ventilator. Why celebrate? Today she is off the ventilator, and although the doctors had to do much more than they knew until they looked inside, the procedure went well. Today my mom's talking up a storm and doing well. Definitely a time to celebrate!

#2 - Much smaller than the first, but my book is available at Nu Revelations Christian book and novelty store at 22431 Foothill Blvd. in Hayward, right next door to Kraski's health food store and Author Murray's dance studio. I'll eventually will do a book signing (maybe in May or June), and the owner of Nu Revelations has a TV show on the Hayward cable station channel 28 where they interview local artists on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and he'll interview me prior to the book signing. The book will also be placed in the Hayward and Castro Valley libraries catalog.

God is good. Looking forward to reading about a lot of celebrations as soon as I'm able.


19 comments:

  1. Hurray for your mom and your book. Good luck with both of these very important parts of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good that your mom is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are huge! Great for your mom and your book. Congratulations and may she keep improving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad your mom is doing better!! That's is wonderful!!
    Yay for your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your mom is doing well--that's definitely something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the book. I'm sending positive vibes to your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Your post should be celebrating the BIG things! Glad your mom is doing well and yay on the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so happy for your mom's recovery! and look at you in a brick & mortar store!! huge celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neither one of those sound like small, or even not-so-small, things. I was expecting something like "My crocuses are making an early appearance this year!" No, but great news, of course. Big news, both of them. Glad you're feeling groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really glad your mom is recovering well!! And congrats on the book too, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen! Awesome that your mother is recovering so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear your mom is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear that your mum had to have an operation, but its good news that she's off the ventilator and feeling better. I hope she makes a fast recovery. Congrats on your book signing and interview-that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everybody for stopping by and for your comments and good wishes. My mom is still improving. Although I know these were bigger than small things, they were the things encompassing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your book and I am glad to hear your mum is doing well. What a stressful week that must have been for you. Definitely big things, and definitely worth celebrating. I hope your mum continues to improve. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great things to celebrate. Wishing your mum all the best for her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! A really great week for you. Congrats and hope your mom continues to talk your ear off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trying to catch up on my blog reading. Sorry to hear about your mom but extremely glad she's recovering well. Also getting your book in the bookstore is no small thing, it's a big, huge thing so celebrate it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demetria. Going to see my mom tomorrow. And I'm trying to get out there to put the book in more places.

      Delete

Your comments add wonderful flavors. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...